Whether you are creating a Google Sheets data validation dropdown list of each minute in the day or want to create a daily progress log with 15-minute intervals, learning how to create a list of times in Google Sheets is a pretty solid skill to have.
However, knowing how to create a list of times in a single formula not only makes you a spreadsheets archmage 🧙♂️ but also allows you to do cool stuff like:
- Automatically change your start and end times.
- Changing your step increments from a minute to, say, every five minutes or an hour.
- Make these changes quickly straight in your formula or another cell reference or even a formula rule in another cell.
So yeah… like I said… archmage skills.
Sound cool? Of course it does, it spreadsheets! 🐐
In this tutorial, we will cover two approaches:
- A whole day list of times in 1-minute intervals
- Selected start and end times with selected intervals
Why can’t we do just one?
Well, there are two slightly different approaches to each. Geez! What’s with the questions?
Let’s get cracking!