Scott Donald – Google Apps Script Freelance Developer – Australia. I provide business automation & efficiency solutions for Google Workspace.
- Google Workspace workflow automation.
- Google Apps Script Developer.
- Build custom tools for your business.
- Google Workspace administrator.
- Migrate your business to Google Workspace.
- Google Apps Script consultant for developer teams.
- Small or large projects.
Examples of my work
The tutorials I have written for my website are the best examples that I can show you of my work. Check out my Google Apps Script page for my tutorials, or browse through the Categories section on the sidebar. Alternatively, you can use the Search button at the top of the sidebar on the right.
Here are some examples of the projects I have worked on for clients*:
- Created custom Google Apps Script code for a Google Sheet to move data to different locations on a Sheet and update separate Google Sheets.
- Developed a mail-merge tool for an organisations custom print newsletter (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Gmail, Google Apps Script).
- Built a teacher performance Google Sheet with custom sidebar and menus in Google Apps Script that tracks teacher performance over several metrics over time and generates dynamic reports for management.
- Automated uploading grades into Google Classroom from a Google Sheet.
- Created a Google Workspace Add-on for custom correspondence between business and client. (Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Gmail, Google Apps Script)
- Produced a Tech Support form tool that prioritises the issue and alerts the support team. A support member is then selected to review the issue and the results are logged. A later custom feedback form is sent for team development.
Migrating to Google Workspace
- Migrated a 120 staff business using consumer accounts to Google Workspace. I provided:
- Administrative setup.
- Transition planning.
- Process and procedure mapping for documents and folders.
- Integration of 3rd-party apps.
- Onboarding training and best practice documentation for staff.
- Ongoing support as administrator.
- Document migration.
- Guided a new small business start-up through running their business in Google Workspace. I provided:
- Administrative setup.
- Training and onboarding.
- Workflow documentation.
- Document template design of some Documents like Invoices, Quotes, Budget.
*Please keep in mind that I need to be a little vague about the examples here to maintain my client’s privacy.
I am an Australian Google Workspace Freelance Developer, Administrator and Educator with over 4 years of experience in this field.
I have worked as the administrative manager for a 140-staff-strong education company migrating the company to Google Workspace and building automation solutions and training my team to do the same.
As a freelance consultant, I have worked on short automation projects, larger business process integrations, Google Workspace Migration and Google Workspace account administration.
I have been an active educator of all things Google Apps Script and Google Workspace since 2017 writing a number of tutorials each month on the topic. So you know I love what I do.
I generally only take clients from Australia mostly because it is easier to deal with the contract side of things. However, if the project is interesting enough, I would certainly be happy to accommodate you.
Google Apps Script, Firebase, Google Workspace Related APIs, Google Cloud Console, Google Workspace Add-ons, Google Card Services, Google Data Studio, Google Maps API.
Proficient with the standard Google Workspace Suite ( Sheets, Docs, Slides, Forms, Classroom etc). Google Workspace Admin, Google Workspace signup and onboarding.