What is Spacer?
Spacer is a Free Google Add-On that creates row spaces by column categories.
I use it as an academic administrator to create a space or two at the end of each class section to create a visual break between sections. This makes it easier for my staff to quickly identify class sections.
You can find Spacer at the Google Workspace Marketplace.
What can Spacer do?
- Automatically detect the width of your columns.
- Allow you to select a column with the categories you want to use to space your data.
- Set the height of your header – so that is not spaced too.
- Set the thickness of your spaces.
- Set the color of your spaces
- Set starting and end position of your color filler.
How to use Spacer
Before You Start:
- Before you start, create a Google Sheet with the data in it you want to space.
- Select All the data.
- Go to the menu bar and select:
Data>Sort Range...and select the column you want to sort by. This will be the column you will use to space your data by the categories in that column.
Continue reading “Spacer – Free Google Add-On That Spaces Rows by Column Category (Updated January 2022)”