What is Spacer?
Spacer is a Free Google Add-On that creates row spaces by column categories.
I use it as an academic administrator to create a space or two at the end of each class section to create a visual break between sections. This makes it easier for my staff to quickly identify class sections.
You can find Spacer at the Google Workspace Marketplace.
What can Spacer do?
- Automatically detect the width of your columns.
- Allow you to select a column with the categories you want to use to space your data.
- Set the height of your header – so that is not spaced too.
- Set the thickness of your spaces.
- Set the color of your spaces
- Set starting and end position of your color filler.
How to use Spacer
Before You Start:
- Before you start, create a Google Sheet with the data in it you want to space.
- Select All the data.
- Go to the menu bar and select:
Data>Sort Range...and select the column you want to sort by. This will be the column you will use to space your data by the categories in that column.