Last Updated on 2021-10-31 by Jarret Hooper
When your Google Sheet spreadsheet starts to grow in complexity it is often a good idea to group similar parts of your data so you can easily collapse and expand them as you need them. Fortunately, Google Sheets has your back with the Grouping tool.
In this tutorial, we will look at how to group rows and columns in Google Sheets. We’ll also look at a few advanced capabilities and show you how to avoid some common traps.
Check it out!
This tutorial covers:
- 00:00 Intro
- 00:28 Example of grouped data
- 01:44 How column and row groupings work.
- 02:52 How to create groupings in Google Sheets
- 02:59 Grouping columns
- 04:03 Grouping adjacent columns and rows
- 05:13 undo grouping
- 05:38 Grouping rows
- 06:27 Sub or secondary groupings.
If you enjoy the video and want to learn more about how to use Google Sheets, check out the Youtube Playlist: