Have you ever had your editors edit something on your Google Sheet that they weren’t meant to? Find out how to protect cells, ranges and sheet tabs in Google Sheets.
In this tutorial, I’ll cover,
- Why you may need to protect certain parts of your Google Sheet 00:02
- Protecting a range of cells. 00:50
- Selecting editors to your protected range. 01:22
- How protected ranges look for the user. 01:46
- Protecting entire columns. 02:35
- Editor hierarchy. 03:18
- What to protect? 04:13
- The ‘protect’ sidebar. 05:17
- Protecting an entire sheet tab. 05:57
- Viewing a list of what has been protected in your Google Sheet. 07:17
- Hot tip for hiding sheet tabs from other users. 07:42
If you enjoy the video and want to learn more about how to use Google Sheets, check out the Youtube Playlist:
I’m a huge fan of Justin Mares, Mastering Google Sheets course. Sign up today*
*The above affiliate links have been carefully researched to get you to what you specifically need. If you decide to click on one of these links it will cost you just the same as going to the site. If you decide to sign up, I just get a little pocket money to help pay for the costs of running this website.